New Blogger on the Block!

Hello people out there in cyber space! It's just me, another internet junkie. I recently decided to take a stab at blogging. I thought it would be nice, mostly for myself, to track my progress in life's journey. I am a 30 year old college student who works full time, goes to school at night, takes care of two precocious cats and tries to visit my hometown as often as possible.

I think of myself as someone who is a late bloomer. I didn't go to college after high school because I thought it was a waste of money - and I couldn't afford it. However, in this day and age a degree is pretty much mandatory to get a good paying job. I grew up in a small town of about 2,800 people and I love it there. I hear many people say how much they hate it, how they can't wait to get out, or there's way too much drama. I chuckle at that because I never really thought about Crisfield that way. I always viewed it as a close-knit community full of hard working people, a town that has amazing views, and a place where no matter where I go in life Crisfield will pretty much stay the same.

Another late bloomer quality is, I am not married yet. Most people see that as not a big deal, but when all of your closest friends are married and have families, I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. Of course I want to be married and have children, but at this juncture in my life not being married isn't a bad thing. Not having any kids is even better! Why, you ask? Well, I have worked in child care, babysat countless kids, taught Sunday School, Children's church, I was Vacation Bible School Director for three years, not to mention all of the kids my nieces and nephews and friends have had. I will just say this; Best. Birth control. EVER. Do I want kids someday, I most certainly do. I'm just glad it isn't now.

At 26 years of age, I finally decided that I was not going to get a good job or even be happy at what I do as a career if I didn't get an education. So, in August of 2007 I moved to Baltimore and became a student at the Community College of Baltimore County. When I began this journey I thought it was going to be a "quick" two years and then I would be back in Crisfield. I'm sure God thought that was funny. And that was the beginning of my journey...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Deal With Disappointment

Everyday is a New Day

Project 33: 33 Random Acts of Kindness for my 33rd Birthday