Be a Verb

Verb - from the Latin verbum meaning word, is a word (part of speech) that in syntax conveys an action (bring, read, walk, run, learn), or a state of being (be, exist, stand).

A verb has two meanings; One, it is an action and two, it is a state of being. I don't think it is enough to just "be" or "exist," you need to be in action and take action in your life. A few posts ago I stated that when I turned 18, I thought my life would take me places. Well, you can't go anywhere in life if you don't take action.

I spent most of my 20's waiting for my life to start. Silly me, life doesn't wait for you. Time goes by so fast and we only have one life to make a difference. You need to be a verb and take action in all you do. It isn't enough to think about a change or to wish for things to be different, you have to DO something. You have the power within yourself to be all that you have ever hoped or even dared to dream.

Thomas Jefferson once said, "Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."  It's so true. Don't just sit there and be idle and wasting time, take action. Because if you don't, one day you will find that life has passed you by and it may be too late to do the things you have always wanted to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Deal With Disappointment

Everyday is a New Day

Project 33: 33 Random Acts of Kindness for my 33rd Birthday