Are You the Thread or the Needle?

So, a couple of days ago I needed to sew a pair of pants that had a popped seam. Let me just say, I am NOT the domestic type. I would rather pay to have some stuff done than to do it myself. However, I really wanted to wear these pants so I decided to sew them. It took me every bit of 30 minutes to thread the needle. I was getting really frustrated, but I kept at it and finally I did it and was able to sew my pants.

It got me thinking. How many of us give up on things when they become too hard or because you get frustrated? I am guilty of this. Like I said, i would rather pay someone to do something for me than to do it myself. Why? Well, if it looks too hard or I discover how frustrating it is when what I'm doing doesn't come easily to me, I just give up. When we give up, where does that leave us? Nothing gets accomplished. Just because something is hard or causes us a little irritation doesn't mean we should give up.

If people gave up on tasks that were too difficult, would I be on the computer writing this blog? Would Jefferson have discovered electricity? Would we even have a toilet? Come on think about it. If I didn't put that thread through the needle, I would not be wearing these pants right now.  Nor would I have been proud of myself for doing something that I usually wait to take to my mom.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but on the commercial for, Soul Surfer, she said, "I don't need easy, I just need possible." In order for us to grow as a person, it's just a fact that some things just aren't simple. Things are going to come our way that will feel like sand paper. They will irritate and rub us the wrong way, but if we persevere eventually the surface will become smooth. Don't give up when things get too hard, because you may miss out on something amazing and something that will help shape you into the person you were always meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Deal With Disappointment

Everyday is a New Day

Project 33: 33 Random Acts of Kindness for my 33rd Birthday