Keeping Your Resolutions All Year

I am not a fan of New Year's. I don't see the point in it. The only thing that I enjoyed is flipping to Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve and he retired. I also don't get the resolutions. Why is it that people make all of these resolutions and no one EVER follows through? I don't think I've ever made one because I know that I'll procrastinate and never do it.


People make resolutions only around this time of the year. I really don't get it. What about the OTHER 364 days? Each and every day that we wake up is a chance to begin again. Why wait until New Year's to say, "I will do this," or "This year I am not going to do this." If you mess up, it is not the end of the world. You don't have to wait next year or next month or even next week to change something about yourself. You have the power to change now.


Hal Borland said
Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.




If you don't like something about yourself, change it. Don't rely on other people to do things for you. You are a talented individual and you have what it takes to do what is necessary to make youself, your life, your world better. You don't get anywhere without change. Change can be a good thing and beneficial to life. Change can also be painful, but in that pain can be growth and self discovery. If I didn't move to Baltimore and pursue ASL, I would still feel stuck and miserable. It wasn't easy moving here and starting over. Going to college in my late 20's and living in a strange city on my own it was a lot of change all at once. This was a good change and it has made me a better person.


So, don't wait until January 1 to make a change in your life. You have all you need to change yourself anytime that it requires it.



How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
Benjamin Franklin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Deal With Disappointment

Everyday is a New Day

Project 33: 33 Random Acts of Kindness for my 33rd Birthday