Your Journey Begins When...

Well, I have officially been living in Baltimore for four years. I am surprised and happy that I have made it this far. To be honest, I didn't think I would be here this long. I really thought I would have quit by now or maybe would have graduated. It's a good thing that I don't rely on my feelings or emotions or I would have left a long time ago.

I admit, it hasn't been rainbows and daisies living here. I have struggled greatly. I remember for about the first six months I cried almost every day. I knew God brought me here, but I didn't necessarily want to be here. Then, I thought I could rush through school by taking a ton of classes at one time all while working. I was really hurting myself there because you cannot rush God's plan for your life. Believe me - I've tried. You also cannot learn a completely new language in less than two years. That took me about 2 years to figure out.

Even with all of the stuggles and disappointment in myself, it hasn't been all that bad. It actually could have been a whole lot better if I had just given it a chance to begin with. There was the whole moving in the pouring rain, the family of mice in my first apartment, learning the difference between the 1st and 2nd floor (certain people will understand this), the day I got Starbucks and Phoebe. I really do have many happy memories and I think I have learned so much about myself, about God and about being the person I know I am meant to be. I won't always get it right, none of us will, the first time. The important thing is to never give up.

The journey begins when we allow God to move us.
The journey begins when we stop trying to CONTROL everything.
The journey begins when we just shut up and do what needs to be done and when we quit complaining about it.
The journey begins when we stop being afraid to do something new simply because it's new.
The journey begins when we realize that the world doesn't revolve around us and that there are people who desparately need love and kindness.
The journey begins when we admit that we make mistakes and realize, it's not the end of the world and you can start brand new again.

Sometimes I feel like I have been in Baltimore for 15 years; other days I feel like i just arrived. It's a journey unlike any other. A journey that will shape me into the person that I know I am capable of being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Deal With Disappointment

Everyday is a New Day

Project 33: 33 Random Acts of Kindness for my 33rd Birthday