Project 33: 33 Random Acts of Kindness for my 33rd Birthday

After listening to the radio and what the DJ was going to do for her birthday, it inspired and motivated me to do the same for my upcoming birthday. I began to search Pinterest and Google for ideas. I started to make a list of all the things I wanted to do. I tried to be unique and do different things every day. However, towards the end, I struggled a bit trying to be unique. So I did things that I felt impressed to do in the moment like, give a couple of people gift cards to the grocery store.

The last month has been totally wonderful. I found myself constantly thinking about being kind to people and presenting myself in a much more deliberate manner. I also mixed it up and gave gifts to people I knew as well as the people I had never met before. I also adopted a U.S. soldier. When you sign up they send you the name and address of someone to support that is deployed. You can write letters and emails and send care packages. If you are interested in adopting a soldier you can go to this site http://www.adoptaussoldier.org/index.php and sign up. It takes a few days to process the request, but after that you can write your little heart out and send all the care packages you want. I hope this post inspires you to do acts of kindness, you may find that it changes you as well as the recipients you give to. Obviously, some are catered to specific people, but you can tailor your list to those in your life. Have fun with it and look for opportunities to be kind. You never know whose life you may change. :)

Here is a list of what I did over the last 33 days.


Day 1 - April 20: Give tulips to ladies at LRC (part 1) & give bonus money to church (part 2)
sorry - no pic :(

Day 2 - April 21: visit my Aunt  & give her flowers
 

Day 3 - April 22: Tape popcorn to Redbox
 
 

Day 4 - April 23: Buy a gift card, turn around and give to the person behind me
 
 

Day 5 - April 24: Take doughnuts to police station
 
 

Day 6 - April 25: Post money to a vending machine
 
 

Day 7 = April 26: buy someone's lunch or coffee
 
 

Day 8 - April 27: Make goodie bags– eggs and easter candy on car windows
 
 

Day 9 - April 28: paid for someone’s overdue library fees


Day 10 - April 29: took pizza to the fire department
 
 

Day 11 - April 30: sent adopted soldier a letter
 
 

Day 12 - May 1: place $1 bills in the Dollar Tree (THIS WAS FUN!)
 
 

Day 13 – May 2: sent cards to friends
 
 

Day 14 - May 3: send (order) friends pretzels - this is a low cost idea. Here is the site. http://ww30.1800baskets.com/collection.do?dataset=11091&tpfpb5=1

Day 15 - May 4: write encouraging words on post its and stick them around the grocery store
 

Day 16 - May 5: bought a children’s book and gave it to a little girl
 

Day 17 - May 6: gave bubbles to kids
 
 

Day 18 - May 7: put quarters in the children’s vending machines
 

Day 19 - May 8: helped a kid get savings by giving him my safeway bonus card
 

Day 20 - May 9: took candy to the dealership for the customers
 
 

Day 21 - May 10: gave a card and a $5 bill to someone in the apartment building I didn't know
 

Day 22 - May 11: gave someone $10.00 worth of gas
 

Day 23 - May 12: gave an old lady my kart since it was the last one available
 

Day 24 - May 13: bought clearance nail polish and placed them on car windows (I waited to see the ladies get out the car before I put them there)

Day 25 - May 14: paid on someone’s layaway account
 

Day 26 - May 15: took fake flowers to the elderly at an assisted living place. An old lady gave me a quarter. This was probably one of my favorite acts.
                                               

Day 27 - May 16: bought the person behind me in the drive through a drink at Starbucks.
 

Day 28 - May 17: bought and donated dog and cat toys to the humane society
 

Day 29 - May 18: bought bottled water and gave it to a man at the toll booth
 

Day 30 - May 19: bought my sister chocolate covered fruit from edible arrangements
 

Day 31 - May 20: bought a food card and gave it to someone I haven’t seen in years
 
 

Day 32 - May 21: gave a food card to my kindergarten teacher
 

Day 33 - May 22: Send card/ care package to the soldier assigned
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Deal With Disappointment

Everyday is a New Day